PUSHKAR - Land of Brahma
The holy town is 12 kms from Ajmer near Jaipur. The little town together with its holy Pushkar lake constitute one of the holiest thirthas in India. It is considered as one of the eight Swayamvyakta Vishnu Vigraha kshetras. It is the site where the pouranic Gajendra Moksha took place. Pushkar is Sidda thirtha, Sri Vadirajathirtha Swamiji has written about it in his ‘Thirtha prabhandha’. As explained the penance, gifting, living and bathing here will beget special favours from God & the four Dhamas visit are incomplete without a final dip at Pushkar.
The only Bramha temple at Pushkar marks the site where the yagna was performed by Bramha undisturbed as it is believed to be Vishnu Pradhan. Pushkar’s sanctity is exceptionally great. It is created by the touch of Brahma’s lotus and enriched by the flow of the sacred Saraswathi.
Pushkar comes out with all colours, sound and excitement during Karthik Pournima and Prabhodini Ekadasi. There are 52 ghats here.
PLACES OF INTEREST HERE
- Temple of Badrinarayana
- The Savithri ( the consert of Brahma ) temple situated on a high hill on the western side of lake.
- The temple of Vaikuntanathji ( Rangaji ) – with the South Indian architecture.
- Gaya kund is where piligrims perform pitrushradda.
- Agasthya kund is where they bathe after bathing in Pushkar.
- Yagna parvat which is opposite to lake is also considered holy.
- Govt. Museum
- Manglliyawas ( 26km on N.H.8 towards Beawar) known for its two very old known as ‘Kalpa Vriksha’.
- Jaipur, Udaipur, Ahmedabad.
- Ahmadabad – Delhi Railway line ( to get down at Ajmer )
- Frequent city buses from Ajmer to Pushkara and also from Agra gate.
From : Ahmedabad – 526 kms.
Delhi (Ashram express) - 442 kms
Jaipur – 131 kms
ACCOMMODATION AT PUSHKAR
Guest houses and good hotels & Rajasthan Pravasi mandir are around the place.